People Development Business Partner, EMEA
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber’s People Development team, part of the Organizational Development function, is focused on talent initiatives that accelerate Uber’s business by enabling people and teams to do their best work and achieve their highest potential. People Development Business Partners guide our work by interfacing directly with business leaders to inform strategy and consult on people and organizational development needs. Our team is collaborative, diverse, and dedicated to the success of the employees we work for so they can provide for Uber’s customers around the world.
What You’ll Do / What You’ll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You’ll Do
- Partner with HR (Leadership) and the business to diagnose learning and development needs and design extraordinary solutions
- Wear both strategy and execution hats simultaneously — maintaining a big-picture view while getting into the details
- Obsess about the learner experience and how it impacts business priorities and objectives
- Own and guide the direction for the programs you lead
- Iterate and improve existing programs using data and business feedback to drive impact and efficiency
- Facilitate live and virtual programs in a way that is tailored and relevant to each audience
- Deliver programs flawlessly, owning all details of implementation
- Manage diverse sets of partners across the People team and business to get work done fast and in a way that is relevant
- Set and measure KPIs for People Development initiatives
What You’ll Need
- Masters degree in a related field or equivalent experience working in corporate learning and development
- Minimum of 7 years of L&D experience
- Experience designing and leading development programs both live and virtual
- Experience working with senior leaders on talent strategy
- Experience facilitating in tact team sessions
- Proficiency with presentation and content -design software
- Advanced degree in relevant field a plus
Bonus Points If
- Organized. You have superior organizational and administrative skills.
- Self-driven. You follow through on tasks with integrity.
- Curious. You’re innovative, creative, and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Knowledgeable. You have experience and knowledge of adult learning and people development areas (for example, needs analysis and evaluation).You know how to navigate through systems and tools, and constantly find ways to make tasks more efficient.
- Project manager. Experience managing multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
- Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone and in front of a crowd; you’re flexible, brave, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world. You have a passion for development of people and the business.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate impact and efficacy of initiatives on the business.